Craig and I have been enjoying local music for a long time now, and we know how hard it is for original bands to get their music reviewed. We have no intentions on stepping on the extensive work our friends at AllWNYRadio do with the local music scene because those guys are legitimately busting their butts to help local music. But we do want to help local bands to have another outlet for getting their music heard.
Niagara's Watercooler has grown tremendously over the past year or so, and we want to use that growth to help as many groups of people in WNY as we can. We get thousands of hits each month, and we will be expanding our audio and video offerings as well. If you want us to review your album, then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is what we want:
- A link to the music is preferred as we don't have the space to download GB and GB of music.
- We need your band's website address and info (band members, what each member plays, album artwork, track listing).
- If you want to send some bio info along about your band then that is fine, but this is a review of your record and not a bio of the group. We may use little pieces of your bio, but we are going to focus on the record.
- Send us a CLEARLY marked URL on where people can buy your music. If you have to send us a different link to review the record, make sure you send us the URL for people to buy the record as well. We will not publish special URLs you send us that allow us access to the record to review it.
- You only need to email us once. When we get your email, we will let you know we received it. Please do not send follow up emails every day asking when your review will be published. Just remain calm and know that you will get published at some point. All music reviews will be published on Thursdays, so you can check Niagara's Watercooler on Thursdays to see if your band is featured.
- If your band has released 10 albums, then send us links to all 10 if you want. However, we recommend that you only send us your latest album. That is in your best interest.
- We are open to all kinds of music. We are not experts in all kinds of music and we don't necessarily like all kinds of music, but we will listen to what you have.
What we don't want:
- If you send us WAV files that take a long time to download, be prepared to never be able to send us another email.
- If you must send your record in a file form, send only MP3s. Remember that links are preferred.
- We are not going to join a website or pay for your album to review it. All we want is one clean link that we can use to listen to the record.
- We don't have a way of receiving CDs in the mail yet. So you can ask, but the answer is not right now. When we have that set up, we will let you know.
- We do not have contacts in the music industry. We are just a website that reviews music.
- If we feel pressured to write a certain type of review, your record will not get reviewed. We give every record a chance and we have no preconceived notions about your music before we listen to it. But if your album struggles to be entertaining, then we reserve the right to say that.
Send us your material to email@example.com and we will get to your album as soon as we can.
George and Craig